More than 200 entries for the Winter Cup
The 20th Winter Cup that will take place from 19th to 22nd February has already scored a huge success of entrants. For the first time the race will be part of the new Bridgestone Supercup.
KZ2 is packed with more than 60 drivers, there are good figures in KF as well and it will feature about 40 drivers, KF Junior will have more than 65 racers on track, while Mini Rok will have about 40.
KZ2 will see more than 60 racers on track, including a long list of top class drivers like the World Champion of the category Marco Ardigò on Tony Kart-Vortex. Among his main rivals, his team mates Flavio Camponeschi and Luca Corberi will be joined by other strong racers like:
- European KZ1 Champion Rick Dreezen on track with Strakka Racing
- KZ2 European Champion Andrea Dalè (CRG)
- Bas Lammers and his new team mate Lorenzo Camplese at Formula K
- CRG’s trio of Paolo De Conto, Simo Puhakka and Davide Forè
- Jordon Lennox-Lamb who has moved to Birel
- Mirko Torsellini on track with team Ricciardo
- Joel Johansson with Energy Corse
- Massimo Dante and Fabian Federer for the occasion with Maranello Kart together with Lorenzo Giannoni
- Team CPB Sport will line up Marco Zanchetta
- Giacomo Pollini will be fielded by CKR
- Arnaud Kozlinski will be back with Sodi Kart together with Anthony Abbasse
A total of about 40 drivers will be on track in KF and among those with ambitions to win are:
- Felice Tiene and Pedro Hiltbrand will be fielded by CRG
- Alexander Vartanyan at Ward Racing
- Nikita Sitnikov and Nicklas Nielsen at Tony Kart
- Karol Basz at Kosmic
- Max Fewtrell at Ricky Flynn
- Leonardo Lorandi at Baby Race
- Lorenzo Travisanutto at PCR
More than 65 drivers will be competing in KF Junior. Among the teams with bigger lineups, Ward Racing will field 12 drivers, but Ricky Flynn and BirelART will also have quite an significant presence. This will give an interesting chance to follow the young drivers in this category at their first experience after the move from Mini.
The Winter Cup 2015 will also give drivers the chance to score points for the Bridgestone Supercup international trophy, which will take place in Lonato over three rounds. The competition will have an exceptional cash prize of €40,000. Following the opener at the Winter Cup, the Bridgestone Supercup will resume at Lonato on 3rd–4th April (Friday and Saturday) and will end on 10th–11th October 2015.