2016 CIK-FIA Calendar released
The CIK promised to finalise their calendar in good time this year and with a release before the end of August this commitment has been met.
- 24th April, Essay (France) – European KZ & KZ2, Academy Trophy
- 15th May, Zuera (Spain) – European OK, OK Junior & KZ
- 7th June, Adria (Italy) – European OK, OK Junior & KZ2
- 26th June, Portimao (Portugal) – European OK & OK Junior, Academy Trophy
- 31st July, Genk (Belgium) – European OK, OK Junior, KZ & KZ2
- 4th September, Kristianstad (Sweden) – World KZ, International Super Cup for KZ2, Academy Trophy
- 20th November, Sakhir (Bahrain) – World OK & OK Junior
The Competition at Sakhir will receive significant financial support from the Bahrain International Circuit to reduce transport and accommodation costs. From Sunday 13th November to Sunday, November 20th, the Bahrain International Circuit will provide each driver with a double room in one of the finest Bahrain’s hotels, including breakfast and buffet lunch and dinner every day at the circuit. A free shuttle service between the airport, hotel and the circuit will be set up for the duration of the stay. All transport costs for shipping and storage of equipment for the teams will be paid between Italy and the circuit, each way return. The delivery of the necessary equipment, up to 100 kg per Driver, will be provided by a specific air service. Complete assistance will also be provided for all customs formalities to and from to the port of Bahrain. These exceptional Competition conditions will ensure that Sakhir will be at least as accessible as a European Competition, if not better.
Unfortunately it was not possible to reach an agreement with the organisers to hold a Competition in Germany or Great Britain.
To be approved definitively, the 2016 CIK-FIA sporting calendar must be validated by the vote of the next FIA World Motor Sport Council, on September 30th, 2015 in Paris.
The original press release is here.