Tal-Ko and S1 announce new competition format
Tal-Ko Racing and Super One have agreed a special new package for the Formula TKM classes which will reduce costs for those wanting to race in the prestigious Super One ABkC National Championship in 2016.
The new deal has been compiled over the past few weeks after consultation with drivers on what they would like to compete in the Super One national championship for TKM.
The changes and format are:
- Championship over six rounds with reduced traveling and costs for most competitors.
- A new race format will be announced shortly with long races and a format to suit the rookie and the experienced Super One drivers
- No Friday testing, only Saturday testing.
- Fuel will be supplied from a nominated fuel station with fuel control.
- Only one set of race tyres per event.
- No new test tyres, testing to be carried out on used tyres from the last round.
- Dry and wet tyres to be held in parc ferme.
- Low entry fee kept at £160 per round subsidised by Tal-Ko.
- Free tyre spikes worth £48 for rookie drivers registering for the series in November.
- TV Coverage on Motors TV
TKM boss Alan Turney says:
“We have asked and listened to our drivers and the idea behind the revised package is to give drivers what they want – maximum racing for their money.
“I am delighted that John Hoyle of Super One has been able to accommodate the changes we looked for. By reducing the time down to two days on track we know it will save all our drivers money and valuable off-work time as well as helping those doing vital school exams, yet give them the same amount of race time. We will be at every TKM S1 round as usual, offering full BT82 engine spare parts back up as well as being on hand to offer all TKM drivers whatever make of chassis, any technical support they require.”
John Hoyle said:
“We have done everything we can to meet the requests from Tal-Ko and its drivers. We are confident that this will improve the TKM entries. Registrations are flowing in and we look forward to a strong entry with lots of new faces.”
Registrations are now open, don’t delay if you want to choose your favourite competition number.
TKM Race Dates (Provisional)
- March 19th–20th – Rowrah
- April 23rd–24th – Rissington
- June 4th–5th – Llandow
- June 25th–26th – Buckmore Park
- Sept 10th–11th – Shenington
- Sept 24th–25th – PFI