What’s happening next year? Decisions to be taken by the MSA Kart Committee May 19, 2017
Decisions on the following should be taken by the MSA Kart Committee on 20th June:
- Proposal to split Cadets into light and heavy (both same laptimes), noting CIK are pushing on with a new 60cc Intermediate class.
- Cadet maximum age to remain as end of 13th year.
- Minimum age of Juniors, proposal year of 12th birthday. Maximum age, year of 16th birthday.
- Regulation to allow entries up to the day before the kart race.
- CIK Judicial Trial to be compulsory for all kart meetings from 2018.
- Review of appeals under the CIK Trial.
- Overtaking permitted at starts as soon as red light goes out.
- CIK Fuel (102 octane) only to be permitted if requested, default is as current 100 max.
- Review of front fairing drop penalties.
- Long circuit bodywork regs being reviewed.
See also the ABkC Newsletter